Selwyn's Perspective

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My teacher and my blog

This is my very first blog and I am blogging now not because of my own will, but it is due to my English teacher's decision. Even though this does not sound fair to her, but I need to spit it out. Initially, I felt very awful about her idea. Computer skills are not my forte and I felt very confused about being in front of the computer and publishing what we feel to the world. However, she insisted that her will must be fulfilled. Most of my friends felt that it is a very good idea, in the sense that they were able to make good use of this opportunity to have a good chat with their friends. I, however distasted the whole idea. There were a few factors that led to this conclusion of mine:

First of all, it was due to the poor computer system of the school. The internet connection there was extremely slow. The system caused us more time to create our own blog than we expected. Even though we spent almost a whole morning in the computer lab, not much was done. The system was comparable to a snail! Fortunately we were not stupid and kept complaining about the system. We took our sweet time chatting away.

I know that my English teacher has a good intention for all of us. According to her, our essay will improve just by typing a few rows of common words into our blog. She added that blogging will definitely make us more aware of our grammar, vocabularies and other bits and pieces of English. To me, she is really a very good teacher. She shows her compassion to us through her little actions. I feel very thankful about having such a teacher but time will tell whether her actions will be fruitful.

For me, I will not let her good intention down. Striving forward in these years of education is the key to success for me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home